Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

The Miracle of the Resurrection

General Conference 2016:

There is always one talk that seems to be just for me each General Conference.   Elder Paul V. Johnosn spoke right to my heart as he reminded us of the 'Miracle of the Resurrection'.

Elder Johnson recently lost his daughter to cancer almost one year ago.
His daughter had researched the survival rates for people with the same cancer she suffered from; she found the results unsettling.

She wrote, "But there is a cure, so I'm not scared.  Jesus has already cured my cancer, and yours....I will be better.  I'm glad I know this."  


I felt so much peace and comfort a I listened to his perspective on the resurrection---namely for TWO reasons:

1. My dad: Oh, how I miss him!  There is no doubt in my mind he has been called to a greater work.  A work that we cannot even comprehend with our earthly minds.  This talk reminded me of what I already know to be true- I will see him again; because of the atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ.

2.  My son:  A chosen and righteous son of our Heavenly Father who came to earth trapped in a broken and pain filled body; enduring daily physical battles.  He will be cured!  This earthly experience is temporary; because of the atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ.

The miracle of the atonement is REAL and it is available to each and every one of us...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik